Music is a universal language. It transcends boundaries and reaches beyond culture to touch the depths of our souls, express our common emotions, and inspire us all. Now serving 2,500 communities in over 40 countries, Music Together connects families and communities across the globe as they express and explore our basic human instinct for making music.
Now in it's 29th year, Music Together sets the gold standard in early childhood music education. Loved by both parents and educators alike, our research-based program is the most fun you'll have supporting your child's musical development. Are you ready to make some music together?
Music Together Goals:
1) get the grown-ups singing and dancing both in class but especially at HOME! (check out the HELLO EVERYBODY app for your smart phones and tablets on iTunes and Google Play!)
2) get the kids watching and listening
3) inspire the kids to experiment and explore
4) stimulate and support children's natural musical development
5) get all children to Basic Music Competence (singing in tune and expressing an accurate beat)
Music Together Curriculum:
1) NINE carefully crafted music collections and 3 summer compilations that each family takes home
2) weekly classes of 45 minutes each (30 minutes in a preschool setting) Standard Mixed-Age Classes classes are designed for newborns up to age 5. The BABIES class is an introductory class for newborns through 8 months ONLY.
3) sessions during the academic year, as well as all BABIES classes, are consist of 10 classes. Summer sessions are a mini-sampler/review session consisting of 6 weeks.
Music Together Classes:
1) Begin and end with ritual opening and closing songs
2) Include rhythmic chants
3) Include songs without words
4) use songs with short, repeatable phrases
5) use the music in its entirety, because research shows that children learn whole songs
6) make use of AGE APPROPRIATE props - accessible to infants, toddlers, and bigger kids
7) include opportunities for both creative play and lightly choreographed activites
8) rely heavily on adult participation -The modeling of adults is essential to the musical development of the children --regardless of their own musical ability. So everybody has to sing and dance, and don't worry(!) about how well you do it- your child just needs you to love them and to model the activities with joy!
Included in the registration price: a code for digital downloads of the music and access to a family web-portal where you can wonderful extra content, 2 CDs, a DVD/guide entitled,"Music Together at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically" and a Songbook.