To encourage 3, 4, and 5 year olds to stay with us, we offer a $25 discount. Look for coupon codes at checkout.
Is Music Together® mostly for babies?
No! Learning takes time! Your child’s brain will be
learning the basics from birth through the first few years of life.
- Babies, infants, toddlers AND big kids are all making
their way toward Basic Music Competence.
Start as a newborn, keep coming to music class until everything has
- Learning to make sense of music will take about as long
as it takes to learn English (somewhere between 3 and 5, 6, or 7)
- We develop RECEPTIVE understanding before we have
- Our methods work for babies, infants toddlers AND big
kids because ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 5 will learn by watching and
- Most of what we do in class is designed to be beyond
what the children can do. (If they
could do it all already, they wouldn’t need to come to class!) Children of
different ages and stages of development will engage in a developmentally
appropriate way. We celebrate each
Is the music baby-ish music?
NO!- not at Music Together!
Your child SHOULD be exposed to a rich variety of music:
- just as we
speak to our kids:
all parts of speech
- to immerse
the children in language
so we should immerse the children in music that they are not
yet able to produce themselves
music consists of a well-rounded complement
showcase interesting melodic layerings and
I want my big kid in a music class with infants?
learn best in a MIXED AGE environment.
- Humans aren't generally born in litters and they learn
from each other!
- Your child will watch and perhaps participate
- Your child might take a leadership role
- Your child might SHOW smaller kids how it’s done!
- Babies will be watching your child (as well as the
- Your child will alternate between being delighted by
the babies and ignoring them. That's what bigger kids do when they
are with babies. It's the natural order.
- The grown ups are modeling how to sing and dance and
follow directions- your child is watching and maybe also modeling for
the babies! Your child will alternate between being a baby him/herself and
taking a leadership role.
- Rest assured, your child is learning. There's a
lot going on in class musically, and whether or not babies are there is
probably weighing heavily on your mind, not your child's!
Is this a Mommy and Me Music class? Or can I sit back and watch?
You've got to participate! Music Together is an “Adult and Me” activity
where participation from the grown-ups is a must.
- Children learn best from their adults
- Grown ups sing and dance
- Children watch and experiment (but not necessarily in
- Music Together is an INFORMAL learning environment
- For the CHILDREN, activities are
- in order for children to
understand what is going on, they have to see YOU DOING IT!
- Music Together is a NON-PERFORMANCE oriented program:
- We don't make the children do
anything! But you have to copy the teacher :-) to model the
behavior. When your child does something musical or reaches a
musical milestone, we celebrate it!
- if you don't model the behavior
in class, your child may wrongly learn that only teacher sings and
dances. He/she may not be inspired to try to do it him/herself!
- Expect your child to explore his/her musicality at home
… but only if you model singing and dancing for your child!
I still have questions you haven't answered
Well, please don't hold back! Contact Us